Northtown Automotive Companies
• The Service Manager is responsible for running an efficient and profitable service department. S/he will operate the department at maximum production, controlling costs, building a loyal customer base, maintaining good employee relationships, setting and obtaining sales and profit objectives, and maintaining service records in accordance with dealership and manufacturer requirements.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Two years of experience in an auto repair facility, ASE and supervisory experience preferred.Eccellent communication skills. Ability to operate the department at a profit according to dealership guidelines.
Job requires the following physical activities: The Service Manager will work at desk in the service department. S/he will be exposed to noise, vibration, paint, dust, exhaust fumes, and other hazardous and non hazardous materials. S/he will move about the service area to work with the service advisors and technicians. S/he will craw/walk l under vehicles and get in and out of vehicles to inspect work completed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them.
– Strive for harmony and teamwork with all other departments.
– Attend managers meetings as requested.
– Understand and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, right-to –know, etc.
– Hire, train, motivate and monitor the performance of all service department staff.
– Provide technical assistance to employees as needed.
– Conduct meetings with department employees to discuss activities and issues of mutual interest.
– Monitor technicians’ payroll records.
– Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
– Establish and maintain good working relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
– Serve as liaison with factory representatives.
– Promptly handle customer complaints.
– Quality check completed jobs.
– Be aware of new equipment and tools available and recommend purchases.
– Ensure that work areas are kept clean.
– Control the performance of the department efficiency and productivity control, comeback reports, warranty reports, and monthly forecasts.
– Monitor the location and care of shop tools.
– Follow up on parts department orders to ensure parts availability.
– Assist in collection of past due accounts.
– Communicate effectively with co-workers, management and customers.
– Maintain a safe work environment in the department and ensure that all department personnel are following safety programs and have completed required safety training
– Adhere to all other requirements of employment as outlined in the employee handbook.
– From time to time all employees are asked to perform reasonable administrative functions outside of this job description. In addition, all employees are expected to be cross-trained on other job descriptions within the department to facilitate vacations, medical leaves, etc.