Northtown Automotive Companies
The New Vehicle Sales Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in planning, organizing and controlling the activities of the new vehicle sales department and in measuring the performance of the employees in the department.
• Automotive Dealership Sales Management experience required
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
• Valid in-state driver’s license.
• Professional personal appearance.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to sell a minimum quota according to dealership standards.
• Will stand and move throughout the dealership facility for most of the shift.
• S/he works closely with the used vehicle department and the F&I department.
• Will spend time outdoors and indoors communicating with lot attendants and salespeople.
• Evening, holiday and weekend work hours will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them.
• Strive for harmony and teamwork with all other departments.
• Prepare and administer an annual operating budget for the new vehicle sales department.
• Attend Manager’s meetings as requested
• Assist the General Manager in forecasting controllable expense elements for the new vehicle sales department.
• Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that affect new vehicle sales.
• Hire, train, motivate, counsel and monitor the performance of all new vehicle sales department employees.
• Oversee the efforts of the new vehicle sales people to enhance the image and customer satisfaction ratings of the dealership.
• Monitor sales peoples’ payroll records.
Set sales and gross objectives for new vehicle sales people.
• Guide sales staff in setting their objectives on a short and long range basis.
• Conduct sales training meetings as directed by the general manager or dealer.
• Develop and implement programs that will increase the new vehicle gross and increase F&I penetration.
• Develop, implement and monitor the use of desking, Red Bumper, CRM and other tools provided by the company.
• Help sales staff close deals when necessary.
• Maintain standards for the delivery of new vehicles to customers.
• Assist in the development of advertising campaigns and other promotions.
• Communicate effectively with co-workers, management and customers.
• Maintain a safe work environment in the department and ensure that all department personnel are following safety programs and have completed required safety training
• Adhere to all other requirements of employment as outlined in the company handbook.
• From time to time, all employees are asked to perform reasonable functions outside of this job description. In addition, all employees are expected to be cross- trained on other job descriptions within the department to facilitate vacation, medical leaves, etc.