Northtown Automotive Companies
- Oversees and administers accounts receivable process of collecting payments from customers and to maintain accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Facilitates staff and customer understanding of process and policies through excellent communication and customer service.
- Minimum 2 year accounting degree or 5 years related experience
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Must maintain current knowledge of computer system and all related software, along with Microsoft Excel
- Must maintain basic knowledge of all applicable Federal and State regulations
Job requires the following physical activities: sitting, standing, walking, reaching,
lifting, bending, stooping, kneeling, finger dexterity, repetitive motions. The work
is performed primarily indoors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce accurate and timely monthly statements for customers
- Ensure timely collection of outstanding balances and make collection calls for accounts over 60 days
- Follow up with managers and customers on NSF checks and credit card disputes
- Timely reporting of aged accounts receivable
- Perform credit checks on customers and credit references as needed
- Monitor and resolve issues with all credit card machines
- Manage staff and ensure accounting procedures are followed
- Assist cashiers with accounting issues and questions
- Verify and balance deposits from all sites daily
- Ready deposits for remote check scanning
- Post and maintain all receipts daily
- Review and balance unpaid service and parts sales daily
- Post any other incoming payments daily
- Maintain schedules for gift certificates; LOF packages; insurance claims
- Propose recommendations to improve quality of internal processes and collection procedures
- From time to time all employees are asked to perform reasonable administrative functions outside of this job description. In addition, all employees are expected to be cross-trained on other job descriptions within the department to facilitate vacations, medical leaves, etc.